In 1941 the United States Army began purchasing land to build the Blue Grass Ordnance Depot, now known as the Blue Grass Army Depot. The army purchased two tracts of land outside the boundaries of the Depot and contracted with Sidney E. Haigh Company to remove nearly 1700 graves from dozens of family cemeteries to these tracts. Cemetery A on Highway 421 was for 'white' reinternments, and Cemetery B on Speedwell Pike was for 'colored' reinternments. During this process the Army created a number of surveys and reports relating to the removal, and in the years to follow there have been many news articles and several lawsuits filed relating to the upkeep and maintenance of Cemetery A in particular. This artificial collection was created to provide improved access to these materials which have been scattered throughout various collections.