[The Library] contributes to the efficiency of every department of instruction. It is a place where every member of the faculty and every student, to the smallest pupil in the Training School, may come for information and for recreational reading. To accomplish its purpose, then, the school library should be made a many sided organization, ever growing and changing - a place in which beauty, order, and love of human intercourse may be felt on crossing the threshold.

EKU Library Director Mary Estelle Reid, 1928

Eastern's first library consisted of 300 books donated by Ruric N. Roark in 1907. From there it has expanded and evolved to its present form. Follow the timeline to learn more about its history.

Credits

Ashley Thacker