Clover Bottom Cottage
203 Jackson Street, Berea
Clover Bottom Cottage was initially a Baptist church erected at Clover Bottom in Jackson County. In 1902 the one-story poplar log building was moved to Berea to become the headquarters of the college weaving industry. The gable roof, interior brick chimney, and timber-supported porch were added. Another log house was joined to one side and was used as living quarters for Berea’s teachers. The squared-hewn logs with pilaster chinking are joined at the corners by V-notches and remain exposed. Clapboard covers the gable end above the porch on the front. The cottage is now used as a residence.