Lancaster Avenue, Richmond
Named for James W. Cammack, a member of the first Board of Regents of Eastern Kentucky State Normal School, the Cammack Building was constructed in 1918 at a cost of $67,000. Used as the training school facility from 1918 to 1930, at one time it also housed the library. The two-story building is similar in design to surrounding buildings, particularly the adjacent Roarck Building, in its representation fo the Classical Revival style. A single-story flat-roofed portico is the central feature of the main facade. Its Doric columns flank the main entrance which contains double doors below a fanlight. A raised basement of ashlar stone gives additional height to the brick structure, while brick quoins provide visual weight to the projecting wings. The side facades consist of central pedimented pavilions.