Mary Keen Shackelford House
816 West Main Street, Richmond
This two-story frame residence with a single-story pedimented central portico represents the Colonial Revival style. Doric columns support a denticulated entablature below the pediment. The formal symmetry of the facade is broken only by an off-center interior chimney. A low hipped contains a small, central, pediment-like dormer having a semicircular window. An elliptical fanlight at the entrance repeats the curve of the semicircular window, and latticed sidelights emphasize the central doorway. The Shackelford House was the residence for many years of Mary Keen Shackelford (1847-1938), widow of James T. Shackelford and mother of Judge W. Shackelford.