Richmond Motor Company Building

Richmond Fire Department, Station 1

MAR-29
351 West Main Street, Richmond
ca. 1900

Located on the corner of Church and West Main Street, this single-story brick building is now used as the Richmond Fire and Police Station. The ornamental details reflect Classical Revival styling in the Beaux Arts manner. Three wide, semicircular, arched entrance bays punctuate the broad, low street facade which is faced with stone. Decorative pilasters flanked by rosettes appear between each bay. A stone balustrade has been set above a plain entablature. The classical carouche motif has been carve into a central panel on the balustrade. Below the entablature the words “Richmond Motor Company” can still be seen.