124 Lancaster Avenue, Richmond
The nucleus of this one-and-one-half-story five-bay residence is recognized as being the oldest existing dwelling in Richmond. Considerably altered by a long ell at the rear and Classical Revival detailing, it was originally a Federal style single-pile house, built around 1803 on a thirteen acre tract of land. Interior chimneys at the gable ends are flanked by narrow sash windows which are enlargements of the original garret lights.
The additions and improvements have been executed to blend with the original portion. A pedimented portico, having four pillars, now protects a leaded-glass transomed doorway, framed by an entablature and pilasters.